Saturday, August 22, 2009

U2

Here's a couple more U2 pieces that I'm currently striving to get finished.
At the beginning of 1990, after 10 years of gradual world domination, Bono declared that U2 would be 'going away to dream it all up again'. Quite how they were planning to do this was unclear but when they returned at the tail end of 1991 with the beast that is 'Achtung Baby' (in my opinion, their best album and one of the best albums of all time), it was evident that he really meant what he said almost two years earlier.
The transformation the band went through was immeasurable and what followed was without doubt, the most exciting period of U2's career to date.
On the release of the first single 'The Fly', Bono's suggestion that it was 'the sound of four men chopping down the Joshua Tree' couldn't have been more accurate.
Not sure which of these two I prefer most.

2 comments:

Neil Davies said...

Looks cool - love the tree chopping idea! :)

Manoj Sinha said...

Hi Ken,
Bottem one is looking good.
Anyway, I like your caricatures and linked u in my blog. How is your son, I think he is started smiling now.